There are many readings, writings, colorings, musical things, and podcasts even that have inspired the creation and nourishment of Wild Truth. Below are some of my favorites.
The Peace of Wild Things (by Wendell Berry)
When despair for the world grows in me
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children’s lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.
Wild Geese (by Mary Oliver)
You do not have to be good.
You do not have to walk on your knees
For a hundred miles through the desert, repenting.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.
Tell me about your despair, yours, and I will tell you mine.
Meanwhile the world goes on.
Meanwhile the sun and the clear pebbles of the rain
are moving across the landscapes,
over the prairies and the deep trees,
the mountains and the rivers.
Meanwhile the wild geese, high in the clean blue air,
are heading home again.
Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
the world offers itself to your imagination,
calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting —
over and over announcing your place
in the family of things.
- Melody Beattie: Codependent No More
- Melody Beattie: The Language of Letting Go
- Brene Brown: ALL OF HER BOOKS!
- Christopher Bruce: The Best Divorce
- Susan Cain: Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking
- Tal Croitoru: The EMDR Revolution
- Stacy Friedman: Confessions & Lessons of a Sexpert
- Sue Johnson: Hold Me Tight
- Peter Levine: Sexual Healing: Transforming the Sacred Wound
- Mark Manson: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F***
- Christiane Northrup: Dodging Energy Vampires
- Laurel Parnell: Tapping In
- Kimberly Roth: Surviving a Borderline Parent
- Francine Shapiro: Getting Past Your Past
- Dan Siegel: The Whole-Brain Child
- Bessel Van Der Kolk: The Body Keeps the Score
- Embedded (NPR)
- Empowered Love
- Everything is Workable
- Hidden Brain (NPR)
- Invisibilia (NPR)
- On Being (NPR)
- Story Corps (NPR)
- TED Radio Hour (NPR)
- Tara Brach
- The Experts Speak (Florida Psychiatric Society)
- The Social Work Podcast
- Trauma Therapist Podcast
- This American Life
- Up First (NPR)
- Where Should We Begin
Authors and Thought Leaders
- Tara Brach, American Psychologist and Buddhist Meditation Teacher
- Brene Brown, Researcher of Shame and Vulnerability
- Marsha Linehan, Founder of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Bruce Perry, Researcher of Attachment and Developmental Trauma
- Francine Shapiro, Founder of Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy